Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pumpkin Mug Cake

This should be the real "How to survive finals" post.  Screw coffee, sleep, working out and healthy snacks.  You can make a cake in a mug in all of 3 minutes.  Woo hoo!!!

In all seriousness, you probably should still get some sleep.   But when you're reaching your breaking point, this cake might help.  This wonderful masterpiece happened after studying for 10 hours straight yesterday and feeling like I still didn't know anything.  I was on my last leg, ready to pull my hair out, and then I had a revelation.  Mix 4 ingredients in a mug, microwave, and eat the sweet hot bliss.

After I enjoyed my cake, I was ready to tackle another few hours of trying to read my messy notes, and quiz myself about the central nervous system.  It was like magic.  Magic cake, that's what this is.

You don't need to take finals to enjoy this (thank goodness).  It's a wonderful sweet treat that is so quick to throw together you could make it anytime.  #dangerous  I'm sensing some major spin offs of this recipe in my future.  Oh, and the pumpkin... don't judge me.  Pumpkin can should be enjoyed year round.  Mmmmmkay?

Pumpkin Mug Cake


Ingredients

  • 3/4 c yellow cake mix
  • 3/4 c canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 t vegetable oil
  • white chocolate chips for the topping (optional)

Directions


-Spray a large mug with cooking spray (make sure it's a big one, or your cake will bake up over the sides)
-Mix cake mix, pumpkin, spices, and oil in the mug
I mixed mine in here, but this was completely not necessary, save a dish!
-Microwave 3 minutes on high
-Remove using a pot holder, the mug will be really hot

-Add a few white chocolate chips to the top as "frosting" if you want

-Let cool at least a minute before eating (I know, this is hard, but you don't want to burn your tongue)
-Enjoy!!!!

Now that I've had my magic cake I'm ready to study.  Bring it on last final!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At May 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so darn delicious! And so easy to make! Love it! Knock those socks (and shoes) off of your last final babe!

 
At May 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM , Blogger Jen (emsun.org) said...

I love recipes in a mug! I often make up the mixes and give them away as Christmas presents. :)

 
At May 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Ashley Blom said...

I used to make these little cakes in my college apartment allll the time--how smart to use cake mix! I just don't think I would have had pumpkin on hand all the time, hehe.

 
At May 11, 2012 at 7:54 AM , Blogger What's Annie Making? said...

That's such a fun idea!

 
At May 11, 2012 at 7:56 AM , Blogger What's Annie Making? said...

Haha! Yeah, I pretty much always have pumpkin on hand. I try to keep the recipes contained in the spring and summer because I know people associate pumpkin with fall.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

What's Annie Making?: Pumpkin Mug Cake

This page has moved to a new address.

Pumpkin Mug Cake